Land for Liberty Baptist Church of Santiago
The past few months have been the oddest and most unexpected months of ministry for all of us. Santiago, Chile continues under strict, military-enforced quarantine. A police permission slip must be obtained to leave your house. Even then, you are limited to only two trips to the grocery store or pharmacy per week. Despite these circumstances, Liberty Baptist is surprisingly growing! We are reaching new people with the gospel. More and more are watching our online services, being discipled by Zoom, and putting their faith in Christ! Praise the Lord! Help us pray that God would allow us to purchase property by the end of 2020 for Liberty Baptist. God has already provided $22,000 of the needed $100,000. Please consider what God would have you give. All gifts can be sent to:
Vision Baptist Missions, P.O. Box 442, Alpharetta, GA 30009, memo line “Liberty Land Chile”.
Praises from the New Church Plants
• John Moncada has been planting Cross Baptist Church during the Covid crisis. He has seen three souls
saved in the last 2 weeks! It’s exciting to hear about all the Bible studies he is doing online throughout
• As you probably remember, Carlos Fernandez held his inaugural service for Liberty Baptist Church of
Parral (not to be confused with Liberty of Santiago) on March 15th. Since then, their core group
continues to gather online as they evangelize, disciple, and preach the Bible – all during quarantine!
Special Prayer Request
• Our pastor, Austin Gardner, still continues to recover from Covid and pneumonia after spending over 3
weeks on a ventilator in ICU.
• One of our Chilean pastor’s wives is currently hospitalized with Covid. She has Lupus and struggles with
her health under normal circumstances. Her name is Elizabeth Rebolledo.
• Lori’s mother has been diagnosed with cancer. During this difficult time, a family friend paid our way
back to help Lori’s mother for a few weeks following the surgery. She will be facing an operation and
possible chemotherapy treatments.
Click here to download our monthly newsletter.